Sunday, April 20, 2008

Answer to prayer

Our sanctuary seats about 190 comfortably and 250-260 with metal chairs in the isles. (Forgive me if my numbers are a little off, but it's close.) We have about 300 regular attendees if I have followed correctly. This means we have to do 2 services every Sunday.

For the H.E.L.P.S. ministry, that means twice the volunteer hours. (I'll talk more about H.E.L.P.S. in another post.) We had been running the Sound ministry on 4 or 5 members for a quite a while. Near the beginning of this year (2008) we had a meeting with the head of H.E.L.P.S. where we prayed for our numbers to double. In the last 2 months (approx) I have been joined by 2 sisters and 3 brothers. (The 3 brothers in the last 2 weeks!) As a side point, in a church whose ethnic diversity hasn't been very diverse, I am pleased that the sound ministry is currently being served by 5 black brothers/sisters, 3 white brothers, and 1 asian brother. I don't bring up ethnicity to stir up any trouble, quite the contrary. I love seeing the diversity and expect it to spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs